Before I go...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - Posted by Amanda Bast
I'm not sure if I'll get to post before flying out Friday morning. I'm supposed to be studying, but all this excitement - the plane trip, children in Mexico, meeting my Mexian lover Eduardo, the Girlie Guelph party tomorrow night, being crafty in May (I've got way too many ideas buzzing around in my head right now) and having successfully completed a stats midterm today - is distracting me.

In other news: you can order gluten free meals on the plane. Who knew! Carry-on luggage can only be 22lbs per bag. This makes taking a textbook difficult...it will work, I'm going to make it. Right now my biggest concern is painting my toenails before I leave, when really, the weather and this midterm tomorrow morning should be of concern. I'm realizing that when big things are happening that I should be freaked out about, I focus on tiny things...like my toes and cleaning out my backpack. I can't figure out if that's good or bad.

Leb was over the other night and we talked about Pan de Vida, Diego (a little boy at the orphanage) and broken hearts. It's a weird state of mind - no, not mind...heart - to be in. I am excited to go, yet I know my heart is going to be broken countless times. I'm not really sure how to prepare for it, or if I even can prepare myself. It's a weird state of limbo, and I can't say that I enjoy the feeling, but I know it's going to teach me alot.

I'm hanging on tight for the learning experience of a lifetime....Mexico here I come!

xoxo,

Mandie


p.s. If there is a plane crash, I want the boy band (you know who you are) to play at my funeral. This seemed necessary to mention, for some reason. If you're really interested, I have a song list, too. What? I have songlists for everything. You can't tell me you've never thought about it. I'm not crazy...just weird. And really prepared for everything. Cut me some slack, people.

Ok, that ended things weirdly. I am now going to re-end.

...Mexico, here I come!

xoxo,

Mandie