Firsts

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - Posted by Amanda Bast
I wrote in my journal everyday while in Mexico, and since I'm stupidly organized, it had sections. One of those sections was entitled: "Firsts", which is exactly what it sounds like. So here follows my list of firsts, taken directly from the journal from my trip to Meh-hee-co (all without explanation...if you really want an explanation, you know my email address):

- plane ride
- travelling in a new city/country
- called a foreigner
- conversing in Spanish outside the costume
- paying "diez dollares" for a bottle of water (pesos, silly)
- enjoying rice cakes
- holy poop I'm in a different country (taken directly from the journal...it was all very surreal)
- used washroom in moving vehicle - probably the hardest thing to do in life especially if you have horrible balance to begin with - closest I've ever come to actually falling in for real - 2000 flushes on my pants? No thanks
- got searched for weapons before boarding the bus
- tacos!!!

- ate jicama
- basked in Mexican sun
- toilets with foot pedal flushers - what a good idea!! Sanitary!! (ok, I sometimes get excited about sanitary solutions)

- hugs from Mexican children
- shopped in the downtown of a foreign city

- mixed and poured concrete
- campfire in a wheelbarrow
- this last one is edited for content...haha it's funny, email me if you're really curious

- had a parrot on my shoulder

- gashed hand on drill press
- best ice cream bar ever in life

- green salsa for breakfast
- conversing with boys in espanol
- strange unexplainable tanlines

- Mexican crush! haha!
- sunburnt earlobes??
- green jello in Mexico

- climbed a frickin mountain
- ate gorditas
- ate cactus
- drank some Boing
- up on a roof at night overlooking Queretaro
- swung on a true tire swing
- pried children off of me after announcing that I was leaving in the morning
- got my hair braided

- saw a sunset from an airplane
- left a piece of my heart in Mexico