And it begins..

Monday, November 5, 2007 - Posted by Amanda Bast
Tonight was the first of what will seem like a never ending stream of missions meetings. I'm headed to Pan de Vida in Queretaro, Mexico again with a team. Last year our team was around 8 people. This year, if everyone ends up coming, it would be around 26 people. Wow!!!

There will be maybe 8 or 9 other youngins on the trip. That beats last year's...one (me). I'm thankful for a bit of a younger crowd, but it's a really young bunch - I'm the only one finished high school. The next oldest is 17. So I'm essentially the "leader" of the kids, which will be a pretty cool opportunity.

The team will have a completely different dynamic than last year, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm pumped this year because I know what to expect. I've made connections and I can't wait to go back and hug those cute little children. And Juan. I've missed Juan like an emo kid misses his diary.