ready for Ricki Lake

Sunday, December 16, 2007 - Posted by Amanda Bast
I have now exposed my mother to the world that is my blog. This next part is just for her, but I guess you can look too:I have no idea who that is, but it looks like he loves his mom. We have something in common.

Yesterday was Christmas with my Mom's side of the family. It was a nice night, and we had some laughs and good conversation. We even got to play the "make Grandma say things without her knowing the context or meaning of what she is saying" game.

This particular round, we (my brothers, cousins and I) were discussing various memories from Grandma and Grandpa's house. We all remembered how they used to hide the TV remotes behind the clock, but no one was sure why. Matt speculated that it was probably some ingenious security feature. Thieves break in, begin to steal the TV when one says to the other, "Dude! Where the heck are the remotes? It's completely pointless to steal the TV if we don't have the remotes! We'd have to get up and walk all the way across the room to change the channel!" Matt then proceeded to do an impression of Grandma discovering that her security feature worked, and yelling, "Hah! Oh no you DI'NT!" There was some snapping and head bobbling in there, too. Here is the rest of the conversation:

Me (calling across the room): "Hey Grandma, can you snap and say, 'oh no you didn't' for us?"
Grandma: (looking puzzled) *snap* (long pause) "Oh no...you didn't?"