Signs of Spring

Saturday, April 12, 2008 - Posted by Amanda Bast
The other evening, when I arrived at my place of residence, I was met by my mother at the door.
"There is something you need to look at in the backyard," she said.
"Well, what is it?" I wasn't in the mood for guessing games.
"You just have to see it yourself." She looked rather somber as we walked to the back window.
"What, is there a dead body in the backyard?" I asked, scoffing.
"Well..." she started as she flipped on the light. This is what I saw:

You may remember Professor Peppergrape. He was a good man.



In other news...I'm knitting a sock. A SOCK! I'm using merino wool that was half price. MERINO! HALF PRICE! I think I would like to marry this merino wool. Look how pretty it is:

I'm so excited about my little sock. I think this is what it feels like to have a child. Except children probably take more than forty hours to make. Or wait...maybe it doesn't take that long to make children but....well, lets not get into that now.