Thank You

Friday, January 21, 2011 - Posted by Amanda Bast
I can't believe it's taken me this long to share with you what I'm about to share, dear Internets. You've heard me say it before, and I'll say it again: I love my job. There are so many things I love about it. It is challenging, it is rewarding, it is inspiring and it is ridiculous amounts of fun. Now the fun does not come without hard work, perseverance and a rather intense workload.  But every now and then you come across things that make all your hard work worth it. They completely make up for anything tough you've had to endure. They fill your heart to the brim and make you feel as though it will explode inside of your chest. They fill you with hope and wonder. They make you all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last year I found one of these marvelous things. It is one of the most glorious, ridiculously rewarding things I have ever come across in my experience. I just can't describe it to you. You simply must see it with your own eyes.


A sweet little five year old girl made this for her mother:








(please keep scrolling)










(this is how I build tension)












(seriously, it'll be worth it)







(I promise)








Yup.