You Fine You Fine

Monday, March 28, 2011 - Posted by Amanda Bast


Everyone needs a Jessica.

You need someone who is completely delighted to be in the same room as you. You need someone who says "WOW" when they see you and tell you they like your fingers. And your toes. You need someone who likes your toes. You need someone who looks at you and says, "he good, he good." You need someone who cringes when they hear you cry. You need someone who says "you ok, you ok" as many times as you need to hear it. You need someone to get in your face and say, "you fine, you fine" over and over again. You need a Jessica. Everyone needs a Jessica.

I have Jessicas in my life. I have a Jessica who says "WOW!" when he sees me. I have a Jessica who likes my fingers. Another Jessica thinks my toes are pretty great. I have several Jessicas who affirm my "good"ness. I have Jessicas who cringe when I cry. I have Jessicas who will sit with me and tell me I'm ok over and over. I have Jessicas who are relentless in their efforts to assure me I am fine.

And do you know what? I AM good. I AM ok. I AM fine. And I am ridiculously thankful for all of my Jessicas.

Be someone's Jessica. Tell them they're good. Tell them they're ok. Tell them they're fine. It's really quite simple. If you don't have a Jessica in your life, this next part is for you:

You good.
You good.
You ok.
You ok.
You fine.
You fine.