schwas?

Thursday, October 26, 2006 - Posted by Amanda Bast
I'm in study mode today - i.e. skipping class, pajamas, tea. Lots and lots of tea. I'm learning all about the heart. It's great fun.

I got bored and watched a Vanessa Carlton music video today, not for the music, but for the red grand piano...delicious... I noodled around on my peenano, attempted (and failed miserabley) to play some yazz. I did pull out the Christmas carol book though. Gotta start preparing for family jam sessions....Bast Christmas is at our house this year. ("I'm here to C and D...come and G and D...")

Meagan came over and we studied our bums off. It was a really good study session. I'm feeling better about this whole thing. I came to the conclusion that I have to move my study space to a different location (ie not my room full of distractions). It will be good.

Small group social. We played pool. Joel had to get out his purse. We were herded like cattle. I am not a cow, Steve. We played the "sink the balls in 12 shots or less" game. I got four balls down in my first shot, then, like an idiot, I hopped the ball off the table. I should practice more.

Something funny: my mother is looking for a winter coat, and has bought a couple but took both of them back. The funny part is, that she gets points redeemable for money from the stores she bought them at. The sales clerks (by mistake, or their own stupidity) have not taken the points off her card. Mother, like a good person she is, pointed it out, but still, no points were taken off. She figured it out...she made 34 bucks just from buying coats and taking them back. I think she may have something here....

Midterm tomorrow. Paper to write. Party on Saturday. Wicked awesome costume. Schwas?




Strange conversation of the day (I swear I'm not making this up):

Mom: "Why do you have a picture of Tyler Schwende on your bulletin board?"

Me: "No Mom, that's Chris Carrabba."