uptown boy

Monday, June 25, 2007 - Posted by Amanda Bast
Laura and I left the bookstore, lost in our own little worlds. She was talking to her mom on her cell, and I was just staring off into nothingness, thinking about the CD I just bought. I hope it's good, because the price was fabbbulous (extra b's added for Annie's amusement).

A little black Nissan had pulled up to the curb ahead of us, but we continued our slow meandering down the sidewalk. I was digging through my purse for who knows what, and I look up in time to see him.

HIM.

Black pants, white dress shirt, collar open, with sleeves rolled up. He was walking towards us. He stared me down and I think my jaw dropped. So. Unbelievabley. Attractive. I think he stepped directly out of GQ onto King Street. It's possible that time slowed down, and the bow chicka wah wah song played as he walked by. I turned and watched him walk into a store. He walked out, a minute later, and I stared some more.

It was only after he had walked by again and I got a second look, that I realized that I recognized him. It was (drumroll please) Kyle Christie, from CKCO News. Yes, THE Kyle Christie. The sole reason I watch the news. I am happy to announce that he is better looking in person than on camera, and he lived up to every one of my expectations. Yes, this is pretty pathetic, but it probably made my year.

Oh, and after leaving the bookstore, he crossed the street and went to Starbucks. We all know how I feel about Starbucks. Quality.

June 25, 2007: The day I saw Kyle Christie in Uptown Waterloo. Hot diggity dog.



p.s. the CD is kind of sucky