woof

Thursday, October 12, 2006 - Posted by Amanda Bast
This is starting to be a daily activity for me. Today we decided that wasting time is essential to the complete university experience.

This morning I got up early to register for next semester's courses. Long story short, I'm an idiot, and I don't read things properly. This whole trying to be an organized student, but ending up sleep deprived is a major theme in my life right now.

Worked a mere 2 hours today. I have the greatest job ever. It's more of a detour on my way home than it is actual work. Scrubbed some toilets, vacuumed some floors. Advice: Lysol brand toilet bowl cleaner is the shizznit. Seriously. Incredible.
We share a warehouse wall with Simply Fine Wine, so the warehouse reeks of fermented fruit all the time. It was especially strong today and it made me gag. I don't think I could ever think of wine as "sophisticated" and "posh", not when I associate it with the warehouse.
Paul, the most fashion conscious "pretty boy" I know and "New Josh" were working. I thought that since Tim had left, I would no longer receive any drug education, but oh, I was very wrong. Josh guaranteed me that any mountain biker I talk to will use the word "knarly" in day to day life.

Tonight is small group, and I'm really looking forward to it. Someone new is coming, which is always great - I love meeting new people. It's been such a priviledge to have been praying for this group weeks and months in advance, and to see it finally coming together. Screee! (I don't know if that sound translates well into type.)

One of these days I'm going to compile all my best material and finish my stand-up routine. I'll be a superstar someday. In the meantime, I will continue to push backspace in MSN conversation windows and think of creative ways to cut off that kid's rattail.

* * * * * *

Words of insight from Mom surrounding breakfast options:

"Just think, if you were a doggy, you wouldn't have a choice!"